Sunday, November 19, 2006

He was a scooter boy

I was driving into Cambridge this afternoon and, it being a-number-of-days-before-Christmas-that-I'm-not prepared-to-work-out, the traffic was pretty heavy.

HF was driving, so I was staring mindlessly at what was going on outside the car.

A boy with a cardboard box over his head went past on a scooter.

I shook my head. Huh?

But HF had seen it too.

The kid then removed the box and attempted to put it on the scooter by his feet. It didn't really work. Then he put it over the handlebars and went off on his merry way.

Huh?

I mean, why would he be that desperate to bring this cardboard box wherever he was going. Or did he get the scooter out of the box and decided he couldn't manage without the box? Maybe his parents sent him off to go and find them a lovely box?

So here's a question. If you had a large cardboard box and your mode of transportation was a scooter, what method would you use to get both of them to your destination?

I'm thinking collapse the box and slot it between you and the handlebars. But maybe there's a better idea.

More on that story later.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the collapse the box.

20/11/06 11:10 am  
Blogger mig bardsley said...

I was thinking string but collapse the box is better.
Although if he was planning to bring the box back, with something in it, this might not work so well.

21/11/06 2:27 am  
Blogger Kyahgirl said...

I would do what you suggest :-)

23/11/06 7:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home