Saturday, October 14, 2006

Wizardly affairs

I'm in (not so) sunny Bangkok and this is the second attempt I have made to post, the first inexplicably being lost to the gods of cyberspace, so I'll make it quick.

We made all of our connections, including the 40 minutes between flights at Doha and miraculously our luggage arrived intact too. I recommend Qatar Airways, they feed you constantly and give you all sorts of nice things.

So my first impressions of Bangkok are that it's not quite as horribly polluted or psychotic and frenzied as I expected - but then it's only 9.30pm... It is impossible to sit down and read a map without someone trying to sell you something...thai massage is painful but fun, if not slightly embarrassing and reminiscent of having a small, wiry monkey climbing all over you and pulling and pushing your various bits...the emerald buddha is VERY SMALL and far away...the reclining buddha is way better, if big, golden deities are your thing...

No runs yet;-) but then I've only eaten three things since we got here...

It's extremely moist and I am sweating constantly. So no big change there.

Anyway, I'm on a meter and am planning to do a bit of rooftop swimming (in a pool, not a puddle) and then plan my visit to the biggest market in the world tomorrow.

I may post again later, soon or not until I get back.

More on that story later.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

wat, no pics?

this little monkey pulling bits sounds interesting!

15/10/06 7:13 pm  
Blogger mig bardsley said...

When did you last have a close encounter with a small wiry monkey then? You never told me.
Sounds good though. Hope it goes on being.
xx

21/10/06 9:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home