Monday, October 02, 2006

Shopping

I was doing a bit of shopping on Saturday, what with HF away visiting his lovely mother and it being less than two weeks before we leave for Thailand (yay!).

I bought all the important stuff - anti-diarrhoea tablets, rehydration sachets (yes, I am indeed expecting at least one major case of the shits), "jungle fever" insect repellant, sun cream, ear plugs (for attempting to sleep on the Khao San Road - err, that is on a hotel on the strip rather than actually in the middle of the road) and I was vaguely thinking I might get some more nice, loose-fitting pretty clothes.

My eyes kept being drawn to a burgundy and silver kaftan in the window of a charity shop. It was only £3.50 so I thought I would try it on.

I tried it on - it was quite nice, although a bit baggy in places. I figured it was symptomatic of my shrinking form, and decided it was worth £3.50 (although I bargained it down to £2.25 as that was all I had in my wallet).

When I went home, and hung it up, I glanced at the label.

It was a maternity top.





I'm still gonna wear it though.

More on that story later.

6 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Nice one.

3/10/06 5:24 pm  
Blogger surly girl said...

i think we've all been there.

better mistakenly buying a maternity top cos you think you're still tubby than other people think you're pregnant when you're not.

i've been there as well. yay! for losing two and a half stone!!

3/10/06 8:48 pm  
Blogger surly girl said...

or more, if you've lost more. didn't mean to do your achievement down..

3/10/06 8:49 pm  
Blogger frangelita said...

Thanks surly, I'm very proud of myself. Maternity top and all.

3/10/06 10:07 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

don't shop too much, Thailand's fun for shopping.

well, at least the girls think so. for me, it would've been better to my wallet than them doing it here or in London or most other places.

a lot better if they don't shop at all, really. but if you must, then do it in thailand. and have him lug your bags home. share the burden.

4/10/06 9:47 pm  
Blogger mig bardsley said...

Some maternity clothes come in silly sizes like 12 and small. I expect it was one of those.
The main thing is to take lots of Washing and sunstroke prevention like knickers and a hat.

7/10/06 1:55 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home