Monday, February 13, 2006

A weekend away






I have been off visiting my family in their rural Berkshire idyll, so no posts for a few days. Instead, a haircut, a few tasty home-cooked meals and my first ever effort at Yorkshire Puddings (what do ya know, it actually worked and they all got et up).
Anyway, some pictures while I think about what to blog about. So here are some pictures of the delightful town of Newbury. Richard Adams what wrote Watership Down lived there, you know.



oh yes, someone wanted to see what my clover tongue looks like. Here it is.


Blimey, that took some work! My wonderful home connection speed (dial-up, you know) It's a bit of a rubbish pic, I know.

Not much to report, really, apart from a new "initiative" at work. Apparently, they keep finding junkies in our office toilets which are shared between our office of about 15-20 people and a firm of solicitors, the shopping centre management and a couple of other companies that don't spring to mind.

So, the centre management staff, in their wisdom, have decided to issue keys to the toilets and leave them locked at all times. Except, they have only issued one male key and one female key to each office. Which is probably not such a bad thing for the guys, who, unless they're taking a lengthy dump which I would rather not think about, will be in and out in the shake of a horse's arse ( no I don't know what that means either). But for the ladies, it's rather more embarassing. For a start, you might as well announce to the office, as you go to pick up the solitary key in its prominent position at the entrance to the editorial side of the office, Hello folks, I am going to the toilet. And also exactly when you will be returning, so if you have to deal with certain issues arising from it being your time of the month, or if you are simply having a bad hair day and need to spend some time dealing with it away from your desk, EVERYONE will know. It's bad enough trying to sneak a tampon out of the office (yes, you can take your whole handbag but then what do you say when they ask where you are off to?) so add a key to the mix, it's just torture.

Plus all the times when you make it all the way to the loo before realising it's locked and you haven't got the key. Or someone else has already got it and they're taking a VERY LONG TIME in there.

I think I'm just going to take to loudly announcing that I'm going for a piss. See how they like that.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kyahgirl said...

at least we have lockers in our bathroom at work so a person can stash their tampons and such.

I would hate to use a mall bathroom. eww. Poor you.

14/2/06 5:08 pm  
Blogger mig bardsley said...

I suppose the Shopping Centre doesn't have a key cutter's shop?

16/2/06 11:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home