Friday, February 03, 2006

A result!

Well for those of you who have been following the beginning of my quest to become slender and smooth again (not sure why I said smooth, it just sounded nice), I have my first concrete result

In the past two weeks, I have lost 4.8lbs. Yes I realise this is a tad specific, but I was using one of those machines that tells you how much fat you've got and how tall you are and everything. Although I was wearing high-heeled boots so it actually thinks I'm 5'5". This is not true. Another positive result - I am one per cent less fatty according to the machine (as in how much of my body weight is made up of fat rather than bone, organs and muscle - hmmm, visceral).

This is not a massive weight loss, but it is a good start. Yay! Also, I bought a pedometer from the chemists (had to receive treatment for an unwanted UTI - grrr - and it was only two quid) and for the second half of today I did well over 10,000 steps, the recommended number. Well, buy me a cake and call me thin!

If I kept losing weight at this rate, how long would it theoretically take until I vanished altogether? Just a thought. Probably a long while.

Anyway, to everyone on a diet - don't let it take over your life and don't beat yourself up if you eat some pie. Cos pie is nice :-)

1 Comments:

Blogger starbender said...

Mmmmmm.....,
Ice-cream slows my diet.
;]

4/2/06 5:38 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home