Friday, February 17, 2006

A week of bras

I have had a pretty good bra week. My boyfriend (have to think of appropriate nickname for him on here - my friends call him Frandy as a sort of amalgamation of the two of us, whaddya think?) asked me what I wanted for Valentines Day. I said I wanted a bra. But I also insisted that I go with him to buy it because I wanted it to fit.

In my head I wanted a red, satin wonderbra. However, when I arrived at Debenhams, no such thing appeared to exist. Tricky. I did manage to find a bitchin' black satin wonderbra and a red Debenhams 'Ultimate' gel bra.

It was immediately clear to me that I had to have both of these. So I made puppy dog eyes and told Frandy I really needed the Wonderbra but I knew he wanted me to have a red bra (I know, so obvious). He said he could only get me one. I looked sadly at him and he walked up to the counter with both of them. Teeheehee.

Here they are...

For some reason the black one hasn't come out too well, but trust me it's fab. Anyhow, during this bra shopping I saw some very funky sports bras (needed a white one cos the black one looks pretty dumb underneath my white aertex). I could tell Frandy was bra-ed out so I left them for the interim and sneakily returned the next day and bought a lovely sensible brassiere.

And yes, I have a picture of that one too.


I realise the lighting looks a bit funny. I'm not sure why. I think it may have been my general devilishness shining red light...

5 Comments:

Blogger Kyahgirl said...

you crazy gal!!

Nice bras are such a treat!

I don't know about Frandy-frandy sounds like Randy and that might give the wrong impression-or, maybe not :-)
How about 'sweetie' because it takes a real sweetie to go bra shopping with his girl!

17/2/06 9:10 pm  
Blogger mig bardsley said...

Very nice!

And he is a sweetie...not just in the bra shopping department.

18/2/06 11:44 am  
Blogger Tabby Rabbit said...

Don't know what he should be nicknamed but he sounds great.

Warning for the sports bra though - I bought one of those and it is NOT a good design. It rolls up when you are trying to get it over your head (either way) - and you find yourself in the gym with your arms (and everything else) flailing about, trying to unroll it from your shoulderblades and trying to decide if you should ask for assistance from some poor bystander (who is pretending they haven't noticed your predicament).

Best to just get the type of exercise that involves the slinky bras.

19/2/06 9:34 pm  
Blogger mig bardsley said...

Extraordinary how unelastic those things can be when they're rolled up under your armpits! Especially if you're still a bit damp from the shower.

20/2/06 1:22 am  
Blogger Tabby Rabbit said...

>>Especially if you're still a bit damp from the shower>>

Exactly! Fran - we expect a full update the first time you find yourself flailing around in the gym with your arms stuck over your head!!

21/2/06 8:37 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home