Thursday, September 06, 2007

Things that depress me

I have been on a bit of a prolonged downer at the moment. So I think it would be highly productive (read self-indulgent) to list why I am feeling generally depressed.

1. After a high of loads of shit-hot stories at work, I now seem to be writing a lot of err, shit stories. See this week for stories about post boxes and cricket teams that might have to move pitch. no really. All this after a three-page exclusive on prostitution is a bit of a come-down.
2. I keep failing to answer obvious things about my stories. So I keep getting asked questions by my various bosses.
3. I'm not sleeping very well and I keep having weird work and/or pregnancy related dreams. I can reassure anyone that is reading this that I most emphatically am NOT pregnant.
4. I keep ending up going to quite cool events on my own. Inevitably this makes me feel like a sad loner.
5. One of my best mates keeps inviting one of my other best mates to far cooler events.And then saying, oh, sorry, I thought you were working. You didn't want to go anyway, did you?
6. I am skint. And I can't afford to get my haircut.
7. It's my birthday in three weeks. But all of my Oxford friends are going to a festival that I can't go to because a)I don't have a ticket and b)I can't afford it so I won't be seeing any of them. I was going to go to a Supergrass concert (by the power of blag) but it got cancelled cos stupid Mickey Quinn went and broke his back. How selfish.
8. The front tyre on my bike really needs to be pumped up. But I keep on getting up too late to do this so end up working twice as hard to cycle to work.
9. I am still yet to start planning my wedding. There are freakin loads of decisions to be made and I have no answers.
10. My new next door neighbours appear to be having a party. It sounds a lot more fun than what I'm doing.

Okay, enough of all that nonsense. I have decided the thing to do, rather than retreat into gloom and doom, is concentrate on the good things. So. A week in Tobago in just a month's time. Here.



Mmm. That makes me feel a bit better.

More on that story later.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

You're doing very well in our cricket team, though. Scoring lots of runs. So life isn't that bad, after all.

7/9/07 3:28 pm  
Blogger Dave said...

You did very well this weekend. If that's any consolation.

18/9/07 7:35 am  
Blogger mig bardsley said...

Hope it's all a bit up-er now :)
Of course stories about cricket teams moving pitch are potentially earth shaking. Ask Dave, I'm sure he'll agree :)
Never mind, it'll all sort out in the wash :)
xxx

20/9/07 9:16 pm  
Blogger mig bardsley said...

Happy Birthday xxxx

23/9/07 1:30 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home