Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Back from the mud

Well, we did Glastonbury. As some of you may be aware, it was rather muddy. In fact, it looked rather like this...



But don't worry, we didn't look like this...



No, we looked like this!



Saw a bit of this sort of shenanigans...



Then ended up looking a bit like this...



Plus, it being Glastonbury, there was a certain amount of random pole stroking.




I don't think I was even particularly drunk at that point. In a nutshell - totally awesome and totally surreal and random Glastonbury. The muddiest I've ever seen. The most drunken I've ever been. It was, for me, the year of giving complete strangers high fives and hugs, and for finding amazing gypsy folk bands playing in tents in the middle of nowhere. Also, a year for completely uncharacteristic and unexpected behaviour from all quarters, and for complete strangers asking for invitations to my wedding.

I can't wait to do it all again next year.

More on that story later.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kyahgirl said...

oh my god, the mud!! You look like a bunch of very happy mudlovers though :-)

28/6/07 3:06 am  
Blogger mig bardsley said...

Looks like it was a total...experience!

(Hi Kyahgirl :)

28/6/07 11:50 pm  
Blogger mig bardsley said...

That's interesting, the word ver was smenita. some time last year, smenita was one of a number of word vers associated with a temporary breakdown of commenting in blogger.

28/6/07 11:53 pm  
Blogger hannah said...

looks very slightly muddy. glad you had fun. we didnt go this year although some of my possessions did.

29/6/07 10:05 pm  
Blogger S said...

It does look a triffle muddy, I went in '97 when it was a complete mudbath too, still enjoyed it loads though.

10/7/07 12:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home