Tuesday, July 10, 2007

An eternity

I'm still in the districts. And still not happy. So far three different bosses have told me slightly apologetically (some more so than others) that I have to go to various district offices. Ironically not by the district news editor.

Looks like I'm going to be stuck in the current one for the rest of this week. It's not good. And I ended up staying extremely late last night because right at the end I was asked to book lots of pictures at very short notice - and I was nearly asked to stay for a meeting which started at 7.30pm but I threw a bit of a wobbly on that one as my mother had come to Oxford to see me (well, partly) and they had already pissed all over my plans to spend some mornings sightseeing as the district thing meant I wasn't doing late shifts anymore (around which the visit had been carefully planned).

This is getting a bit stream of consciousness here. I'm feeling a bit dopey and zoned out. North Ox district was extremely boring - South Ox is busy but unproductive and the company is lousy. Not a fan. But, so they remember I can actually do real stories, I tracked down a blinder on prostitution last week so it's not all bad.

More on that story later.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger mig bardsley said...

A blinder eh! I liked the story about cow in the swimming pool myself:)

well we did have a bit of fun anyway :)

11/7/07 8:43 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have something of a fascination for prostitution - not as as a career move you understand, but a real fascination.

11/7/07 8:54 pm  
Blogger Dave said...

At least your cricket's getting better (did you pick up that you're vice-captain - an interesting move, given the vice label on this post). You now seem to be a quite good batsperson, as well as an athletic fielder.

19/7/07 8:44 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home