Thursday, July 19, 2007

I am an idiot

I must be. Why else would I have volunteered to cover an inquest on a day when I had to go to an evening meeting - therefore meaning I had to work a 12 hour shift?

Soooo tired. And, I suspect, not very comprehensible. Oh well.

I'm back in Oxford again, hurrah! And seem to be making up for it by working far too hard. I'm yet to leave work at a sensible hour. And yet, feeling much happier about life and work in general. Plus, today a top cop apparently told my boss I was doing a sterling job. Although unfortunately said cop just happens to be leaving his position in approximately two weeks.

There have been a few bike-related incidents recently that I should really catch the world up on. I was nearly flung into the path of a bus by two pedestrians the other day who failed to look and see if I was coming. They walked straight into me on my bike, I just about managed to keep my balance but if I had fallen, I would have been crushed by a bus. And then a few nights later, Curtains appeared at work having apparently been in a horrific fight. Turned out he had swerved to avoid a cat on his bike - and fallen off. I believe there may have been a certain amount of alcohol involved...

Am off to a ball tomorrow night. It's all very exciting - E came round and we had a girly dress trying on session. I still haven't entirely made up my mind what I'm going to go for. The theme is ratpack with a twist. Suggestions....?

Anyway, I may or may not be going for a drink with the increasingly unreliable Curtains tonight so I'd best go.

More on that story later.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hair up, painted nails. Heels, pearls. Possibly even feather boa.

19/7/07 9:12 pm  
Blogger mig bardsley said...

If I knew what ratpack was, I could be more imaginative. Since I don't, all I can say is, don't cycle to the ball!
And What Thursday said sounds good :)

23/7/07 6:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home