Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Developments

I spent a good portion of Monday evening looking for prostitutes with one of my colleagues. It's a funny thing to do. For one thing, I'm not sure either of us looked like typical punters. And you just look at everyone with a different eye. We didn't approach anyone because the ones we thought were probably on the game were moving at great speed (we thought towards the nearest crackhouse) and everyone else we were a bit worried they might just be someone's girlfriend. The things they ask me to do for work! And no, I'm not going to elaborate on why, but it was certainly a different way to spend a Monday evening.

In other news, I may have bought a wedding dress. I say may, because, while I have indeed bought a dress, it was kind of an impulse thing and I may yet return it. However, as it was on sale in Monsoon for just £40.50 (yes, you read that correctly), and the person I was with thought it was gorgeous, I decided to go for it. I have a week to return it so I'm going to try and get the opinions of as many people as possible before I make a decision, starting with my mum tonight. I won't go into great detail because my fiancee occasionally reads this, but it is really pretty and a little bit different. I really like it...

Work has been quite ridiculous lately (hence the lack of posting) due to a general lack of staff so I have been working my arse out. One of my colleagues remarked to me that I left no stones unturned in my patch. I immediately considered whether I might be able to find any stories if I went out after work and looked under stones. This may be a little bit tragic.

Anyway, I've been getting my reviewing hat on a bit recently but was disappointed to see that a line I put in about some band being pretentious was removed. Apparently we don't criticise local bands. Well, I do! The whole music scene here is a bit up its own arse, self-referential, slightly arrogant and with airs of pretention. Not to say I don't love it, though. It's just I'm a bit scruffy for all that nonsense.

Anyway, I'm off to my parents tonight to have a talk about the wedding. Gulp. I think the fact that I've booked a holiday to the Carribbean in October is not going to go down immensely well, given the complete lack of saving we have done so far.

But that's another story.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Huzzah!! anyway.

16/8/07 9:02 am  
Blogger mig bardsley said...

Nonsense. You've got nearly a year between Caribbean and wedding. You only need to save about 5,000 a month!

16/8/07 3:29 pm  
Blogger the Beep said...

don't forget my PR floozy! Any joy?

Beep

25/8/07 2:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home