Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Pointless arguments

I had a quietly heated argument with HF about broadband while at work today, quiet because I was within metres of all my colleagues and my superiors, heated mostly because I really needed not to be having that conversation then.

Anyway, I'm on late shifts this week. This morning, I couldn't get the broadband to work. This was somewhat annoying, but after a couple of failed reboots, I figured I'd just leave it to fume to itself and then decide to work a bit later.

Apparently, this had not happened by the time HF came home and he rang me very angry about it, saying that the connection was all f*cked and I had locked his tools in the shed so he couldn't get them (really glad about that in retrospect, he might have blown himself and the house up) and we would have to get an engineer and I would need to sort it all in the morning.

The broadband and phone are both in his name so I pointed out this was unlikely to work. He got angry and hung up on me.

He's at a gig now. I got home at approximately 10pm and the broadband, as you can tell from the fact I am posting, is now working perfectly. Maybe he did as I suggested and called BT. Or maybe it wasn't f*cked at all, just having a minor tummy complaint.

Men really need to learn patience - and how to live without an internet connection for an evening (okay, I suspect that may sound slightly hypocritical coming from me).

In other news, the AA man changed my tyre (existing tyre absolutely shot to pieces, not sure how that wasn't picked up at my MOT last month) and I spent half an hour on the phone to 02 sorting out moving onto pay monthly. Except at the very last minute I failed the credit check.

So I'm too much of a risk for a contract phone? Life sucks. Think I will go and join in with some post-gig revelling.

More on that story later.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger mig bardsley said...

Well I hope you gave him a slap round the face with a wet kipper!

Though I very slightly sympathise with him...not for missing out on his internet time but because I know how it feels to find the broadband appears to be f*d. This is a bad feeling.

But he didn't ought to have taken it out on you. Wet kipper!

4/4/07 12:23 am  
Blogger frangelita said...

I keep such a fish in the fridge at all times for just that reason...

4/4/07 11:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find it really hard to comprehend why it is that tenants are judged so badly when being credit-rated, particularly when according to my sister (who knows these things) one is better rated if you tick the box to say that you're living with parents. I've had the same problem.

4/4/07 4:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home