Saturday, March 10, 2007

List time

Okay, so it's another week since my last post. Poor form. But the good news is, I have now ordered broadband so hopefully when it gets set up I will be all about the blogging. We'll see.

Anyway, for a while I've been thinking about my new home Oxford, so I thought I would share with you a few thoughts.

Things I am loving about Oxford and my new job
*Cycling downhill
*Cycling past stationary traffic and buses
*Following cyclists carrying large musical instruments on their backs
*Getting into gigs for free
*Actually getting praise at work
*Dress down Fridays
*Owls in shopping centres
*The cool asian man in the shop round the corner from my house
*Vegetables on sale on the Cowley Road which I don't even know what they are
*However rough/peculiar I look, there's someone much, much weirder just round the corner.

Things I am not loving
*Cycling uphill
*Cycling into the wind
*Almost being squashed by buses when they pull out without checking for bikes
*Always looking just a touch dishevelled at work after half an hour's cycle ride to get there
*Receiving work calls on Sunday afternoons/half an hour before I get to work
*Roadworks
*The River Thames towpath (don't even go there, I'm not talking about it ANYMORE)
*Being about five or more years older than the average age of people in gigs/clubs/shops/the street
*Large numbers of homeless people on the streets
*Bloody hell, it's not cheap here.

Right, signing off for today. I hope to be a bit more regular but we'll have to see. I now have to join the library, blow up my exercise ball (using a pump rather than explosive device), visit the bike shop round the corner to stop it squeaking all the time and probably, have a shower.

More on that story later.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Yes, a bike shop round the corner that squeaks all the time can be so annoying, can't it? Do they have mice? Perhaps it's actually a pet shop.

11/3/07 8:56 am  
Blogger mig bardsley said...

and how do you stop a bike shop squeaking? Take bicycle oil with you and pour it through the door? Down the chimney??

13/3/07 1:09 am  
Blogger Dave said...

The dishevelled look is de rigueur for the regular cyclist. Remember - don't take any crap from buses and take the lane.

13/3/07 12:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home