Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Shoe heaven

I went on a bit of a shoe blitz this weekend. There was a good reason. I needed some smart, but comfy black shoes which I could wear while cycling to work. And also, I like shoes.

I bought two pairs, one which was just impossible not to buy - we're talking ballet pump style flats, which sparkled alternatively ruby red, gold or purple depending where the light was coming from. I'm still asking myself how I managed without them before.

I tried on a number of flat back numbers before deciding which ones to go for. They are black, with lovely rounded toes, canvas upper with a funky black rubber bit at the front for protection. They also have a slightly weird bondage strap around the ankle, which is okay because you can't see them under my trousers and they are also quite handy for stopping my trouser legs getting caught up in my bike chain.

I was looking at them, admiring the rounded tip and thinking they looked almost familiar.

Then I remembered.

They are almost identical to the black plimsolls I was forced to wear for PE at school. They even have a sort of beige, non-marking sole.

Sometimes my fashion choices just astound me.

It's been a weird old week. I arrived late for the work for the first time (20 minutes) after deciding I couldn't be bothered to cycle so I would drive. It took me 50 minutes to travel about four miles. It's not fricking London, it shouldn't take that long! Also, the people who I have befriended are being shipped out to various places (one has the dubious pleasure of taking over a district office, another is leaving for a new job) and after starting to establish the principle of taking lunch breaks, I think I might be scared into just sitting there again.

And also the week started with one of my sort-of bosses telling me I looked like I was on the game - and then trying to make it all better by saying it was a compliment.

This wasn't at work or anything and there obviously is more of a story to it than that, but I think that's all you need to know for now. I wasn't wearing crotchless panties or white stilettos, in any case. I feel this sort of boss of mine (who mostly works in an office 15 miles away and is only in charge of me about twice a month) will definitely yield more material for the blog, let's call him Curtains for now.

More on that story later.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger mig bardsley said...

Can't wait to hear more about curtains :)

And to see the astounding fashion choices of course.

25/3/07 2:08 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home