Thursday, April 05, 2007

Pleasant surprises

I was shopping yesterday (as one does) and I noticed at the end of the checkouts there was a weighing machine identical to the one I used to weigh myself at at work when I was doing the old Paul McKenna and shedding the pounds like a crazy woman.

I hadn't actually weighed myself in ages and also haven't been to the gym/spinning/gymnastics since I moved to Oxford. On the other hand, I have been cycling somewhere between six and eight miles virtually every day to work. And my Dad asked me on Sunday if I'd lost weight, and he NEVER notices subtle shifts, so I figured I must be doing something right.

Anyway, about the time I stopped obsessively weighing myself, I had lost around 26lbs and then fluctuated around that figure a little bit. According to the little machine, I have lost an additional six pounds. Result!

Then, this morning, I went to sign up to the doctors and they decided to weigh me too. And on her scales, it was about another four pounds (in fairness, I hadn't eaten yet and you always weigh less in the morning, but still).

It's funny how these things creep up on you. I hadn't really expected such a significant loss (although I guess we are talking about over the course of at least a couple of months) but I did notice that all the new smart trousers I had bought for my new job were looking a tad on the loose side. The best part is, yes, I've been eating healthily for the most part, but I've also had takeaway pizza, more than a couple of JD and coke binges (no, not binges mum, just a few quiet drinks) and lots of other naughty foods. I suppose I really have learnt to stop eating when I'm full.

In other news, I am royally pissed off with Thames Water at the moment as they were supposed to come and fit a meter this morning and promised me it would be between 9am and noon. When I came downstairs at 8.20am, there was already a message on the doorstep saying they had called and been unable to get in. Did they phone the contact number to check? Err, no. Did they come at the time they had been instructed? No. I'm going to call them now and give them hell.

More on that story later.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Hurrah!! About the weight, I mean, not Thames Water.

Could you lose a stone for me, while you're at it? I keep feeling nearly fit enought to start exercising, then I get another stone, so the weight is creeping up.

7/4/07 6:01 pm  
Blogger mig bardsley said...

What did they think about hell then?

11/4/07 12:49 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home