Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Houses galore

I had today off work. Skiving already? Not exactly. I have, so far, looked round what seems like 8,000 houses. Actually, I think it was only eight. And I'm going to see another one tonight. And two more on Saturday.

As HF is working in Reading and only started his job yesterday (which is a whole nother story) I've been going round on my own, and it's bloody knackering. The first estate agent was half an hour late. I had made up my mind not to do anything with him, then he showed me round the flat (which is currently being built, bit worryin) and I had to grudgingly admit it was quite nice. The next one was council estate block of flats hell with spew yellow walls. Then I had ten minutes to go home for a cup of tea. Then it was the next bloke, who was on time (I was meeting him at his office, after all) and the first place was okay, but not available until March 15, the next two places were teeny tiny and the fourth one he showed me had a lot of potential but needed quite a bit of work. And the bathroom was a bit grim. And it was also probably a bit out of my price range.

I then had a two-hour break, so I decided to fix my bike or possibly take it to a man with nuts and spanners who could do it for me. Turns out I had a screw loose. No jokes, please. So I cycled into town to see how long it would take and pay in a cheque but sort of forgot to eat first so I felt a bit funny. And sort of fell off my bike through sheer ineptitude. It seems to be working fine, though.

Then I met a rather attractive black man in another area of Oxford and saw a flat that I have decided I really want and can afford - but someone has already put an offer in. It may fall through...the pretty man is going to call me later on and tell me what's going down. He showed me another flat, too, which was nice but a bit, well, green. And also probably a bit too pricey.

I do feel better for having seen what's out there, though, cos now I know there are some places in our budget that are feasible. I suspect I'm not going to get the really nice one. I might cry.

Between each viewing I felt I needed a cup of tea, now I feel a bit tea-ed out. Maybe I should start drinking wine.


Anyway, E has come in and I must give her the lowdown. She's offered me tea, I don't know whether I should go for it or not...

2 Comments:

Blogger mig bardsley said...

Oh I wish I could have come! I love house hunting :)
And it sounds all quite hopeful. Can't wait to hear what Saturday has to offer:)

30/1/07 10:48 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I could have come too - I love looking round other people's gaffs. Does indeed sound hopeful even if the one you want doesn't materialise.

31/1/07 10:45 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home