Tuesday, August 08, 2006

So it's just me then...

I've been demonstrating an admirable lack of finesse over the past few days.

Last night, when I came back from my pole-dancing class*, I decided to make some bread (v simple recipe I nicked off Chaucer's Bitch which takes no time at all). It being quite late I went up to bed and got undressed while it was baking. When the pinger went, I came downstairs and got the bread out. I had neglected to grease the tin so had to turn it upside down and shake it around to get it out. Being a bit sleepy (worn out from all the pole-dancing**) and exceptionally clumsy I somehow managed to push the burning hot bakinng tin against my naked boob. Today, I have a bright red triangular mark on my left boob.

okay, somehow I just deleted everything I had just written. How irritating.

Anyway, today, I was walking up the stairs to the library in a long skirt. Somehow, I managed to trip on the edge of the skirt, simultaneously losing my sandal and falling flat on my face. There were also two people on the stairs behind me, waiting patiently for me to get my fat arse out of the way. So elegant.

Not to mention the fact that we had to buy another cat food bowl the other day because I accidentally kicked into the wall one morning when I was going in search of food. It broke in half.

For a former gymnast I'm really bloody clumsy. I like to explain this by pointing out I'm very short-sighted before I put my lenses in in the morning, but at least one of these demonstrations of graceful deportment was when I had full vision availability. Oh well.

*It was for work, okay, fully clad and women only, pole-dancing for fitness. I have nothing more to say on the matter. Well, for now anyway.
**Actually, my biceps did ache a bit today.

More on that story later.

Tags: , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger mig bardsley said...

It is weird because you were such a fast accurate gymanast!
I'm afraid I must have passed on the clumsy gene :) But you got the gym gene somewhere else!

9/8/06 1:21 am  
Blogger mig bardsley said...

And Oh the poor boob! Hope it gets better soon.

9/8/06 1:22 am  
Blogger mig bardsley said...

Some of Peter's potos on the tag btw.
Sorry I'll stop filling up all your comment space now :)

9/8/06 1:24 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fully-clothed pole-dancing?

9/8/06 7:30 pm  
Blogger frangelita said...

It's the latest craze doncha know. I wore a nice new top with sparkly bits on the shoulder and brown linen trousers (my favouritist item of clothes right now) which I had to roll up when doing some of the more ambitious manoeuvres.

The instructor wore hotpants and stripper shoes. And a top, obviously.

I want some stripper shoes, at 5'3" it would be interesting to see the world from up there.

10/8/06 12:20 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of my sister's put on a pair of platform shoes on in a shop and realised that I have that view of the world all day, every day. The other sister was still 5 inches shorter than me when she tried them.

10/8/06 11:12 am  
Blogger Karen said...

You're not alone...I am consistently tripping over my own shoes (I have gigantic feet) and my boobs are constantly getting in the way. My "girls" get elbowed pretty much on a daily basis.

The pole dancing sounds like a blast. Similar to stripper aerobics but with a fireman's pole I'm thinking. Hmmm, there's a firehouse right near my apartment. I wonder if the boys there would mind if I stopped in for a bit of "training"...

10/8/06 6:23 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

pole dancing for work? girl, where do you work again??

10/8/06 8:40 pm  
Blogger Annie said...

I'm really clumsy too, but I always put it down to never having done any gymnastics as a child. Now I can rest assured that it wouldn't have helped and all those hours behind the bike sheds weren't a waste of time after all.

11/8/06 1:41 pm  
Blogger Tabby Rabbit said...

Ow ow ow owwwww! Naked baking - not a good idea.

13/8/06 4:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home