Monday, July 24, 2006

Things that make me happy

I'm a pretty happy person, me, so there are quite a few things that make me feel happy and warm inside. Aww. Sickening,no? Anyway, I thought I would list some of them. Being as it's been a while since I did a list.

1.Hugs. You can't beat 'em. I am quite a touchy feely person (not to strangers, though, unless I'm really quite drunk) and there's nothing quite like a hug for a bit of a pick me up. This person gives hugs really rather well...




2. Being an aunty. I love being an aunty, it's ace. Much less messy than being a mum (in more ways than one), plus you get to be the favourite. And no punishing, not your job. My niece is Summer is the most gorgeous, lovely little girl, and she tells me she loves me all the time. Well, I don't see her that often, after all. She can be quite speedy when she spots something she likes the look of, mind you...



3. Friends. I don't think I have to explain this one. I have an ace bunch of friends, some I've known since I was at school, some from university, some picked up along the way. Rather like herpes (no, I never had that). Here are some of the best...




4. Gymnastics. I don't do too much of this these days, being rather larger and older than your average gymnast, but I still love it. Coaching it, watching it, and occasionally *looks away, slightly embarrassed* doing it in inappropriate venues such as nightclubs. I'm no Olga Korbut, but I can still do the splits and the odd flic-flac. If you ask me nicely. This is me back in the day when I was training about eight hours a week - and loving it.

5. Family. This doesn't always make me happy. Sometimes, it makes me really quite mad. But more often than not, good times spent with my family do bring a smile to my face. Plus they're all quite good at hugs too.

Okay there were going to be more pix there, but apparently blogger isn't playing anymore.

6. Finishing stuff. I don't run marathons or anything silly like that, but finishing something off, anything, be it cleaning the bath or writing a story, an exercise class or a book, gives me enormous satisfaction. It's a good feeling.

7. HF. Yep, I'm that soppy. But if he didn't make me happy, why would I want to stay with him? All those people out there with other halves that don't make them happy, maybe you should ask this question.

8. Cooking. I love cooking, it's something about making something from a bunch of things that are okay on their own but when they come together they're amazing.

9. Great music, great books and great films. Without them, life would be a lot less rich and I would probably have a lot less interesting thoughts.

10. Writing. Well, obviously.

More on that story later.


1 Comments:

Blogger mig bardsley said...

You give quite good hugs too :)

26/7/06 11:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home