Thursday, July 13, 2006

Happy feet

I spent ages yesterday subtly altering some pictures of my new footwear. Then when I tried to upload them Blogger pulled a moonie and farted in my face. But I think we've made peace with each other now, let's see.

It's hard to describe quite how fabulous these are, even the picture barely evokes their sheer wonderfulness. Pink - tick. Furry inside - tick. Embroidery - tick. Suede - tick. Comfy - tick. The boots of a three-year-old - oh definitely.

Mmm, happy warm thoughts.


As for these, what can I say? Yet another bargain purchase ( a tenner from the peeps at New Look) and instead of pink fur and suede, we have shiny beads and ribbons that tie up the leg in the style of the ballerina. Who wouldn't want such amazing things? Plus, they've got a bit of a wedge chunk at the back to make me look less like a midget but are still really comfy. Haven't had occasion to wear them yet, but you can bet your ass (wager my donkey? Okay, I'll bet you 5p instead) that they're going to make an appearance with my gossamer nonsense dress at the engagement party I'm going to on Saturday.

In other news, me and HF have booked flights to Thailand which has proved a surprisingly stressful experience. Particularly as we worked out after we'd made all of our decisions that we would be flying on Friday 13th. No wonder the flights were cheap.

Oh, and did I say 24lb lighter frame? Silly me, of course I meant 26lb lighter *smirks with the look of someone who has not only just lost more weight but also just polished off a great big greasy curry*

More on that story later.



Tags: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger mig bardsley said...

Oh the gorgeous shoes. Can't wait to see the gossamer/ballerina/how many lbs lighter??? look.
xx

14/7/06 12:39 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Frangelita, I'm suffering mass-envy - boots and ballerina shoes are both footwear to behold and hail. You will twinkle on Saturday for sure. Trip to Thailand to anticipate - wonders. 26lbs lighter? You have determination and willpower that I simply cannot imagine.

14/7/06 9:13 am  
Blogger City Slicker said...

Like your choice of footwear
Have a blog post called flat footed you may appreciate!
Keep up the writing
Cityslicker
http://www.cityslicker1.blogspot.com/

16/7/06 10:14 am  
Blogger Dave said...

Sorry, these don't really seem suitable for cricket. Get yourself some sensible white boots before next Saturday, young lady.

16/7/06 3:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home