Friday, April 07, 2006

Muffin mad


As I may have mentioned, one of my good friends, E, kindly gave me a book of muffin recipes as a sort-of belated moving in present.

Up until now, the muffins have just remained a nice idea in the bookshelf. However, I got a bit bored the other night and decided to make some delicious muffins. This was the first batch - coconut with lime syrup. They were very tasty and I think they look quite a lot like muffins, which is something I always have difficulty achieving.

And this evening, having shared out the muffins between work friends and HF (I only had a couple, honest) I decided to make some more. Some crazy people who don't love coconut told me they were waiting until I made chocolate ones. However, as I have no chocolate, I made some almond flavoured ones with apricot jam in the middle. They were nice too, but didn't look quite as good, despite the jam glistening alluringly through cracks in the top of the muffin. Hence no pix of them.

I was thinking it had been a while since I wrote a list and was going to write a list of things I have never done until I realised that could potentially be a really long list. So instead, here's a list of the things I am currently sharing my futon with.

1. HFs laptop.
2. About six zillion pillows and cushions of varying shapes and sizes (I'm a bit addicted to cushions, me).
3. My cat Missy, who is curled up in a tiny tabby ball with a little white paw poking out.
4. Big foot bear (too embarrassed to elaborate, look it up in clinton's or something).
5. A large throw roughly the same colour as the cat (so the hair doesn't show up so much, see).
6. A bewilderingly large number of inexplicable wires, which seem to be attached variously to the laptop, the wall, and nothing in particular.
7. Two remote controls. Neither of which actually switches the telly on and off.
8. A leaflet from my doctors surgery which I haven't got round to throwing away yet cos it might end up being useful, you never know.


And that's it. Which, for my sofa, is not really very much. Not even HF (he doesn't understand about Green Wing, not a blogger you see, so is watching videos in the bedroom. Not that sort of videos as far as I know).

More on that story later.

2 Comments:

Blogger mig bardsley said...

Aaaw. sounds lovely! wish I was there :)

7/4/06 9:56 pm  
Blogger Mr McGuinness said...

I am currently sharing my futon with an Albanian prostitute called Futya. She is surprising agile and very competitively priced.

8/4/06 5:04 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home