Friday, March 10, 2006

Feet

I used to have really quite nice feet. They are quite small (English size 5), generally pretty clean, extremely flexible and with cute little toes. They don't smell.

They're still pretty small and flexible.

But after spending two weeks almost exclusively in sandals (not the pretty kind, the practical walking kind) in hot, dusty, Israel last year, something changed.

The soles of my feet are leathery. It's nearly a year since I went to Israel, but still they feel hard. The skin is flaky, my toes are not nearly so sweet. Now if I rub one naked foot against the other, it feels rough and scratchy. Not sexy.
Oh well, my other half isn't a foot fetishist anyway (thank God, cos that would be weird).

Which reminds me, I have finally come up with a name for him. Hobbit-feet, or HF for short. The reasoning is fairly simple. However nasty my feet have got (and in all fairness, they still don't smell unless I wear tights), they are not nearly as smelly, leathery, or hairy as his. Like a hobbit's, really.

Oh, and I managed not to melt HF's trousers - but apparently they are not quite so waterproof anymore.

More on that story later.

6 Comments:

Blogger mig bardsley said...

Oh, I thought you were going to say he has hair between his toes!

10/3/06 9:37 pm  
Blogger Keshi said...

d u guys have Sorbeline cream in the UK? It's the best for feet! I used to have rough, flaky areas in my feet after travelling...then I used Sorbeline n my feet r back to being soft, smooth n sexy :)

lol @HF!

Keshi.

11/3/06 4:50 am  
Blogger Dave said...

'More on that story later.'

Oooh. A catch-phrase. Or is that a sign-off? Or a cliff-hanger?

11/3/06 8:02 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, poor Andy. Or HF (heh, heh)

:-) Love that name.

13/3/06 4:14 am  
Blogger frangelita said...

Dave - I like to think of it as all three, it's just something I'm experimenting with. I like to think of it as both a threat and a promise...

14/3/06 11:04 am  
Blogger GreatSheElephant said...

get you to Scholl for a proper pedicure (the sort without nailpolish but with sanding machines). That'll deal with them.

Lucky you having flexible feet.

17/3/06 10:17 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home