Saturday, March 25, 2006

I'm back - and I'm angry


Twice I wrote a witty, incisive tale about my lovely trip to Barcelona, my peeled nose and aching thighs and the reasons for the aforementioned.

And twice my computer started making those horrible clunking noises and decided to close itself down. So sod it. Having just received a phone bill informing me I spent 57 hours on the internet last month (shocking, I know) I feel it is high time I did something about my internet situation - I may even have to get broadband. Plus I want a new laptop - one of those funky UPMDs (I think I may have got the acronym wrong, but it's also called Q1 and they don't actually exist yet).

*hits head against wall and throws computer on floor, stamping on it*

Okay, I'm better now, rant over. That is, provided it doesn't fuck up again. Then I'll get really angry.

Here are some pictures. Of Barcelona.


A fountain in the Parc de la Ciutadella designed by Gaudi. The water was foul.
Another of Gaudi's masterpieces, the roof of Casa Batllo in the Mansana de la Discordia. Tours cost an astronomical 16.5 Euros and you are forced to hear an irritating woman mispronounce the architect's name on average about once every three seconds.










My God I just had to go for another three attempts to get this little gem up on screen, which, if you're at all interested, is a view from quite high up the towers of the Sagrada Familia. The thing you can see is part of the Nativity Facade. It has doves on it.














HF has just come and told me to sort it out if I'm going to be that long on the internet. In fact, he suggested I do it at the library.

I will now go and deal with him *rolls up sleeves menacingly*

More on that story later.

1 Comments:

Blogger mig bardsley said...

HF had better watch out when you're in that sort of mood :) (pussycat that you are).
Lovely to have you back.
And thanks for taking lovely pics of Gaudi stuff, been waiting for them eagerly :)
I tried to look at your blog three times today and all I saw was those fetching polka dots! Very annoying.

26/3/06 12:52 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home