Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Poorly sick

I appear to have come down with a nasty cold. This comes after a couple of weeks of saying 'oh, poor you' to a coughing and spluttering other half while inwardly smirking about how well and healthy I am.
Now whose laughing?
I am not very ill really, but enough to forgo a nice dinner and watching Blackadder DVDs in favour of dosing on the sofa with a lemsip wearing more clothes than would strictly speaking be necessary for a visit to Siberia. This is annoying as I like Blackadder v much.
Now that I have abandoned my sickbed (well, sofa with duvet on it) for blogging, cheeky other half has taken it! Damn cheeky!

I have decided a full account of NYE celebrations would be too shocking and reveal too much. I will, however, put some pictures of us looking fabulous up asap.

Instead, I will talk about that old chesnut, New Year's Resolutions. Last year I vowed to lose two stone, move house and get a new job.

Well, I moved house...

I'm going to reiterate my intentions to lose weight and find some job satisfaction...either where I am now or elsewhere and add a couple.
  • I will make my gym membership worth paying £28 a month for (which means I only need to go twice a week and I already do yoga once a week so it can't be that hard).
  • I will start learning to speak Arabic (an invaluable skill, I feel, for journalists today)
  • I will start taking dance classes so I actually look those bods of Strictly Come Dancing instead of imagining that I do.

It's a funny time of reassessment, January time - especially considering that this month marks the anniversary of when I started work.

Me and my friends of the fancy dress NYE celebrations fame decided we would all exchange best moments of 2005.

Here are some of mine...

  • Winning a writing award (no fear, it wasn't for blogging)
  • Spending two weeks travelling in Israel with my best friend
  • Getting wet, loud and joyful at Glastonbury festival
  • A night spent with my two gay best friends at Heaven, the biggest gay nightclub in the world (apparently)

And some hopes for the new year...

  • Go to Thailand
  • That some of the people in my life who have had a very bad year for one reason or another have good times ahead.
  • I finally have the courage to start writing one of the many books I have stored not very safely up in my head.

Wish me luck!

2 Comments:

Blogger Tabby Rabbit said...

Some great 'best moments of 2005' - here's to you having lots of fun moments in 2006! (and sharing them with your readers!)

Get well soon - drink loads of water. Really helps.

3/1/06 9:56 pm  
Blogger mig bardsley said...

My goodness, write the books!!! You know you want to :)
Tabby's right too, the water helps!

tgyvil: intending evil but inadvertantly producing good.

3/1/06 11:45 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home