Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year!


Well, the new year has been had.

I told my other half just now I had been blog wandering. He asked if this was a technical term and I said it was. He then went off talking about the strange language us bloggers used and said *oh, a blog which hasn't been updated for a while is a nog and isn't that blog wandering business called a flog and a new blog is a drog?* Teehee, different world.

He is over my shoulder reading. Unnecessary censorship, I feel.

Anyway, clearly it is the new year. I will give full details about a truly ridiculous weekend of drunken debauchery (during which my friend Dan who is very gay was invited to apply to become a drag queen in the club we were visiting). But as the other half is pressuring me to let him check something (sadly, probably just the Lincoln City football results) I will give you the full version tomorrow.

Okay, so the expurgated version is as follows...highlights include walking ten minutes to Clapham North station to find it was closed due to the tube strike... with all of us in ridiculous sixties outfits including Dan dressed as a very unattractive woman...deciding to walk all the way to Stockwell in our outfits, receiving millions of honks from disbelieving and NOT IN THE SPIRIT OF IT ALL drivers... travelling on a packed tube to Old Street where not a single other person was in fancy dress...arriving at the restaurant 40 minutes late where Dan was hit on by dozens of seemingly normal straight women...walking to the club and queuing up with lots of other 60s/70s folk where Dan, now very drunk, indulged in noisy frottage and made up an embarassing and inappropriate rhyme which I don't think you want to hear...dancing and having our photograph taken about 18 times by who I can only hope was the club photographer and not just some random old man who likes pictures of strangely dressed folk (entirely possible seeing as almost my entire bosom was on display)...swimming...putting my wig back on over drenched hair and my dress over the top of my sodden bikini and continuing to dance...chatting up a man who looked remarkably like Will Young on the tube home (not me, obviously I am unavailable)...saying happy new year to complete strangers in McDonalds, Brixton (shaming, I know, but we didn't actually eat anything there because I ran out of patience).


There is so much more to say, I shall endeavour to get pix on asap but we brought a disposable with us which my friend Dan has so it may be a little while before he gets his arse in gear to send the pix to us. Other half took some on his mobile, may try and do something cunning with those. Not sure how...

Anyway Happy New Year!

Here's a random picture from my collection just for fun.

3 Comments:

Blogger patroclus said...

Ahh, it heartens me to hear that people manage to go out in London for NYE and actually have a good time. Top marks indeed, Ms Frangelita!

2/1/06 5:21 pm  
Blogger frangelita said...

Something to do with staying a very substantial distance from Trafalgar Sq et al, I suspect!

2/1/06 7:47 pm  
Blogger Tabby Rabbit said...

Happy New Year Frangelita!!!

Goodness, your *entire* bosom on display? Well - flaunt it, as they say (and hope that was the club photographer).

3/1/06 9:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home