Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Christmas is coming

And Frangelita is getting fat! Well, I will be come Christmas day when my lovely mum cooks up a big festive goose with all the trimmings.
I have noticed a few people have been coming up with pro/con Christmas points so I thought I would join in.

I'm glad it's Christmas because...
I'm allowed to sing Christmas carols at the top of my voice;
It's the only time of the year it's truly acceptable to eat so much you can barely move;
I get a long weekend away with my parents, other half, sister, Grandad and wee niece;
People don't look at you quite so funny when you wonder around wearing silly hats;
I get to drink mulled wine and Baileys;
Shopping!
That feeling of anticipation which I just can't shake off;
I can get up at a ridiculously early hour to open my stocking even though it only has an apple, a squashed banana, a satsuma and three nuts in it;
It's quite nice to think about the birth of Jesus;
Everything looks pretty;
my dad roasts chestnuts on an open fire...

I wish it wasn't Christmas because...
Everyone is really drunk and raucous and aggressive;
I have to spend three hours queuing in m&s for a pasta salad (ok, a cake) because someone in front of me is buying the whole shop to give to her aunt;
There's too much pressure to buy more and more stuff and I'm really skint;
You can't avoid repeats of 'family' viewing like Morcambe and Wise;
Other people might have spent more on you than you have on them which is a big cause of anxiety;
My dad will look daggers at me all Christmas if I don't eat at least one Brussel sprout;
I have to do more work in less time because of bank holidays;
The absence of people who are close to me who have died is more obvious;
People with no-one to spend Christmas with kill themselves (obviously not all of them)


That's all I can think of right now. I think overall I'm glad it's Christmas.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tabby Rabbit said...

>>The absence of people who are close to me who have died is more obvious>> It's a time to remember and reflect but try not to be too sad. The people who knew you and loved you wouldn't want this, not when there's so much living to be done at Christmas time.

>>(obviously not all of them)>> I hate to admit it (and please don't take it the wrong way) but this disclaimer made me laugh.

Christmas thoughts/hugs, TR x

21/12/05 9:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home