Friday, December 30, 2005

NYE

The dreaded day has come. Actually, I'm hoping it's going to be good fun.
I have somehow ended up going to a 60s/70s London nightclub where fancy dress is compulsory and part of the entertainment comprises a swimming pool and a bikini.
My costume is ready - a pink and brown spotted wraparound dress with a collar, kneehigh black boots, a wide gold belt, a purple bobbed wig and a black cap. I may even post a picture at some point.
My other half is wearing a brown stripy shirt, beige cord flares, and a turquoise and orange tank top which is about three sizes too small (vintage, you see).

We are going to look hot!

Having just read my revised IT acceptable use policy I feel blogging is probably not included. So am going to have to contain myself until the evening.

Now all I have to do is pack everything (including a pillow and a duvet cover), get a train from Newmarket, buy a tube ticket, then arrive at somewhere between Brixton and Clapham. Am bringing big, strong, other half to carry heavy stuff. I will take pillow and duvet cover.

What with snow everywhere, the smallest and most pathetic single track station known to man at Newmarket and tube strikes predicted for the big night, something tells me it may not be as straight forward as it sounds. So I will bring some of my Xmas miniatures to make the journey that bit easier to take.

Teeheehee.



Spare a thought for the people who have no-one to share it with, nowhere to sleep and nothing to eat.

And if you can, say a prayer for my friend Ben who lost his brother in the most horrific way just a couple of months ago. My thoughts will be with him while everyone else is rejoicing.

With that sobering thought, I would like to wish everyone a happy new year!

4 Comments:

Blogger mig bardsley said...

Have fun!!
Thinking of Ben too.
Looking forward to photos.
xxxx

30/12/05 4:26 pm  
Blogger Tabby Rabbit said...

Have fun with your eye-bleeding technicolour outfit!!! Looking forward to any snaps being posted up.

Have a fab and groovy time, TR x

30/12/05 5:20 pm  
Blogger Kyahgirl said...

yes, you must have been so HOT!!! :-)

I'm sorry to hear about your friend Ben's loss. So sad.

Happy new year!!
Laura

1/1/06 5:37 pm  
Blogger starbender said...

Happy New Year!
Let's hope it's a good one!
:)

3/1/06 2:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home