Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Back to work

Christmas is now officially over. I can tell this by the fact that I am back at work despite all the lovely dangerously hard snow lying around to be formed into a lethal snowball which will maim some poor child.

So I am going to do a bit of a round-up of my Christmas.

things I have eaten that were good
roast goose
roast potatoes
pigs in blankets
wild mallard (yes, my family is a little bit posh)
pheasant
tenderstem broccoli and beans in hollandaise sauce
mussels in calvados and cream
huge quantities of fried bacon, egg, sausage, potatoes and beans
baileys truffles
sticky toffee pudding
chocolate brownie muffins with white chocolate sauce

things which I have eaten which I now wish I had not eaten
a brussel sprout
huge quantities of fried bacon, egg, sausage, potatoes and beans
rather a lot of stodgy white bread (had a bit of a dicky tummy my doctor friend told me this was the best natural remedy to..errr...block me up)

things I would like to have eaten more of
chocolate generally
tenderstem broccoli in hollandaise sauce
sticky toffee pudding
nuts

Moving on...

good presents
hair straighteners
oxford concise dictionary
jewellery
a book
a sudoku book
an astronauts pen which writes upside down, underwater and in space
various vases
several candles

unexpected presents
enormous animal slippers
a microwave
The Bends, by Radiohead
small pots of alcoholic cream to add to coffee (like the milk things you get in hotels)
a very fancy notebook
a popcorn making set
a mirror

unwanted presents
actually none really, I think I've done quite well

games played
very small quantity of trivial pursuit until my three-year-old niece overturned the board (she didn't like the brown pie/cheeses)
about two minutes of QI until my grandfather decided he wanted to watch the Two Ronnies

christmas television watched
half of strictly come dancing - then it was tea time
French and Saunders Christmas special

carols sung
all the best ones at midnight mass - O Little Town of Bethlehem, Once in Royal, O Come all ye Faithful, The First Noel (actually that's probably my least favourite).
Not Hark the Herald (disappointing)

side-splitting laughs enjoyed while three-year-old niece made up songs involving being tickly in the ear and various versions of rudolph
too many to count

drunk sisters picked up from town in the early hours of Christmas morning being propped up by my slightly drunken boyf
one

All in all, a good Christmas was had by all.

3 Comments:

Blogger starbender said...

Sounds Wonderful!
I'm in Ohio, and
NORMALY-it would
(and should)B close
to 0 degrees. It is
currently 47 degrees
and it is only 9 a.m......

SCARRY!
:o

28/12/05 2:25 pm  
Blogger Kyahgirl said...

Great Christmas! And, good thing you had that one brussel sprout-saved you from enduring your Dad's dagger eyes :-)

28/12/05 3:05 pm  
Blogger mig bardsley said...

It's true...you have a fantastic memory!
It was a good christmas though.
xx

29/12/05 1:16 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home