Friday, June 30, 2006

AAaaarrrggh!

I have got through a day and a half of moving so far without actually killing HF. Who has developed an annoying habit of reordering dvds and videos so they are in exactly the same order they were stored in at our old flat. *Interesting, the enter key on this keyboard doesn't seem to work. How irritating.* I'm too exhausted to explain everything. Suffice to say that everything has been moved from one place to the other, including the cat (now that was a lot of fun, trying to persuade her to get into the cat basket). Several pieces of furniture have been taken apart and then put back together again. My lovely new mattress has been carried on my and HFs head through the streets of Newmarket to find a new home. I have just finished eating a rather large and unhealthy fried breakfast before I start cleaning the old flat. Which I suspect is going to be a rather time-consuming process. And I have enough boxes strewn around the new place to build a large fort complete with tower and conservatory extensions.*no, enter key still not working. Now I know why no-one was using this machine* In other news, I'm going to be offline for at least a week - against my better judgement, we are signing up with NTL to get cable and telephone and lord only knows how this is going to affect internet provision. I fucking hate NTL, but BT were going to charge us a bleeding fortune to get a phone line put in, so what you gonna do? I have bruises in the most unlikely parts of my body and a sunburnt nose. And I have to organise a gymnastics display to take place tomorrow afternoon outside in what is expected to be the hottest day of the year. Ha bloody ha. More on that story later.

3 Comments:

Blogger CT said...

I think you are doing very well considering the stress and strains of moving! Goodluck with the gymnastics display.

30/6/06 12:16 pm  
Blogger Dave said...

Well done on the move. I hope you'll have enough energy for the cricket match, I've got you down to bat at number 10 tomorrow.

30/6/06 6:13 pm  
Blogger mig bardsley said...

Well done! Hope you're settling in nicely, hopw your gym display went well and hope you're back on line SOON.
xx

2/7/06 3:17 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home