Thursday, May 04, 2006

Croquetas

Success at last! After a second attempt at the delicious wee deep-fried morsels of bechamel, new recipe provided by the lovely Sherbert, I produced (and ate) a plateful of very nearly authentic croquetas.

The ham may have been Tesco be good to yourself honey roast, but there was a definite flavour of mediterrannean deliciousness.



I apologise for the shocking mess in the background, but I still have plastering-related pandemonium going on. I normally sleep in a bit on a Thursday on account of it being publication day, but when I woke this morning, I had this horrible image of the plasterers letting themselves in bright and early and finding me sprawled pretty much naked across my bed. Even worse, they might see me before I brushed my hair.

Quick question - how important is it for a 24-year-old to moisturise and any recommendations as to what regime I should be following? I am seriously lazy when it comes to that sort of thing, but got a bit scared when my boss made some (unrelated to me) joke about the scary woman from 10 years younger deserving to look like she did if she didn't moisturise.

I mean, seriously, if you can be a bit greasy/sweaty (charming, I know) is it really the done thing to slaver cream all over your face?

I saw the pictures of me doing Krav Maga today*. They were shocking. But the first thing I thought was how thin my face looked - only one chin and everything. I'm becoming shockingly vain and seeking compliments from everyone I haven't seen in a while. Teehee.

More on that story later.

*I will not be posting these pictures as I think there may be some copyright issues what could get me fired.

7 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

You really shouldn't eat them all yourself, you know. Not when you've got a loyal readership waiting for food parcels.

5/5/06 7:14 am  
Blogger wetnailvarnish said...

Oho, that woman was frightening to look at. Although to be fair, it wasnt exactly the lack of moisturiser that was the key part to how she looked. Your boss is trying to scare you unduly.

5/5/06 9:16 am  
Blogger frangelita said...

Sherbert - I do drink buckets of water. Am less good at the moisturiser.
Dave - I didn't eat them all, HF ate some of them. I suspect they wouldn't have been quite so nice after a trip courtesy of Royal Mail.
Aimee - Thanks for the reassurance!

5/5/06 9:21 am  
Blogger mig bardsley said...

I decided I was more than greasy enough so I haven't put anything on my face except an occasional antiseptic wipe for about fifteen years. I reckon the wrinkles are friendly looking.
But then I've never used all-over-face make up either.
When will you be coming to make me croquetas then?

I drink buckets of tea too Sherbert :)

7/5/06 2:08 am  
Blogger Kyahgirl said...

I moisturize any time I get any part of me wet, especially my face. you have to take care of your skin miss.

8/5/06 9:19 pm  
Blogger mig bardsley said...

I just discovered the Krav Maga post...it sounds like fun.
I am tempted to have a go myself but er exactly how much skill, agility or flexibility doesn't it need? (particularly agility and skill as I have very little of either of those although I still bend quite easily)

10/5/06 1:17 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll be wanting either Clinique's Dramatically Different moisturising gel (not lotion) or Dermalogica Active Moist. That and the lots of water.

I have a salutory tale of a woman I know in her early 30s, and the look on her face when she realised that the fact that she had approximately 200% more wrinkles than the rest of us might not be unconnected with the fact that she was the only one who didn't use moisturiser.

By the way, never watch Ten Years Younger. That double-barrelled woman is pure evil.

10/5/06 2:08 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home