Thursday, January 19, 2006

Unsettling side effects

I'm in Day two of the Paul McKenna I can make you thin plan. So far, I have had no strange inexplicable urges likely to have been brought on by surreptitious mind-conditioning through the hypnosis CD - ie dancing like a chicken or eating a raw onion, as one of the people who bought the book and lost weight said happened to them at a live show.

Unless of course you count dancing without warning like a mad thing, but I think anyone who knows me would confidently reassure you that this is perfectly normal behaviour.

As hoped, by trying to follow the 'golden rules' (I think this is what I hate most about diets/losing weight, all the hideous cliches), I'm pretty sure I ate less, but then I didn't really eat as much fruit and good things as usual because although I thought I should, I didn't actually want to. As per Paul's rules.

But, lying in bed watching Desperate Housewives, I started to get tummy cramps. Arriving at the loo, I had sudden, violent diarrhoea. Now hangabout here, if this is how Paul gets you thin, by sneakily making your stomach reject food through your ass, I don't want any part of it. Then again, I did eat some unwashed grapes which probably wasn't the best plan.

That pleasant feeling passed, but all today I've had stomach cramps and once had to make a dash to the loo with what I thought was going to be a recurrence. It turned out to be a fart, but none the less, I am a tad concerned.

Am still planning to hit the spinning class (which is a form of tortuous exercise involving cycling on a bike that pushes back at you) tonight and weigh myself, which is a little worrying, but if I still have this pain I'm just a tiny bit concerned I might inadvertantly poo myself. Not that this has ever happened before but you can't be too careful.

One other thing which seems to be happening is instead of dropping off, relaxed after my hypnosis CD, I'm really not sleeping very well. Maybe I need to listen to them earlier on, we'll have to see.

Catch you later. *thinking positive thoughts about being slim with a healthy body with firm musclees*

1 Comments:

Blogger Fuckkit said...

Ooh spinning is scary shit and I'm a gym freak!
May I suggest Body Pump instead? A great fat burner/muscle builder and although aching is par for the course you see results fairly quickly :)

19/1/06 4:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home