Thursday, November 17, 2005

New Year's Eve

This is always a difficult one. My parents have been hosting a big party for NYE for as long as I can remember and as soon as we start gearing up for the festive season my dad starts making puppy dog eyes until I get suckered into going.
Don't get me wrong, it's a bloody good party - my dad cooks masses of yummy food, there is gallons of booze on offer and there's a nice bed nearby that I can collapse into at 6am without having to worry about driving. And the company is fairly nice, my parents and their friends are a hoot. It's just it is quite restrictive on numbers of my friends.
And you know, it's quite nice to get really plastered and silly on new year's eve which can be a touch embarassing.
Once you get to a certain age your friends are quite scattered too, so getting everyone together without people glumly declaring its too far and too expensive becomes increasingly difficult.

This year I'm supposed to be going to a house party - a big group of us are hiring a house with a swimming pool, jacuzzi and sound system for the weekend but now it looks like there aren't quite enough of us to afford it. V annoying. So I guess I may well end up at my parents house. Again.

3 Comments:

Blogger frangelita said...

I have done NYE in the real world. I seem to remember far too much alcohol, kissing strangers and people who I wished had been strangers when I saw them at work on the Monday, taxis which don't show up then charge £50. Isn't that fun?

21/11/05 8:51 pm  
Blogger mig bardsley said...

Aaw, shame...but great if you'll be here :)

22/11/05 10:59 am  
Blogger frangelita said...

Think it's on again now - but going to have to pay a bit more until we find other people. Did you ask Adam and Jude about nye I'm sure they would have fun?

22/11/05 11:41 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home