Monday, November 14, 2005

Monday, Monday

Today is one of those days when I just feel like going AAAAAaarrrrggghh! My immediate boss is on holiday so I'm ostensibly in charge and I don't feel like I've had more than two seconds to draw breath all day.

And worse still, I don't feel like I've really achieved anything because every time I start something someone bleeding well phones up or presents me with something else that needs to be done. Now.

Oh, the joys of a local newspaper office. You can't beat it (but please, don't join it!)

We had our office "Christmas party" this weekend. . Seemed very peculiar indeed to be pulling crackers and bopping around in a room festooned with Merry Christmas banners in mid November. I find it very entertaining seeing normally quiet, retiring office bods boogeying away - and claiming not to be at all drunk when they have just said something they wouldn't say in a million years under the dampening effects of sobriety.

But it does make me feel a little restricted - do I want to be the one everyone's smirking at on Monday? Fortunately there are no blanks from the course of this particular evening - well, not as far as I know...

Ok, break over, back to work!

2 Comments:

Blogger mig bardsley said...

Weird to have to go back to work for six weeks (or whatever it it) after the office party!
I do like your blog anyway!
And the family pics are lovely.

15/11/05 6:46 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your blog. I'm a fan of Will Young as well, but since I'm in the US, I've never seen him in concert. Maybe I'll catch a show next time I'm in the UK. Keep up the good work! I'm linked to you now.

16/11/05 3:11 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home