Friday, November 11, 2005

Technology and gym

I have been having some major issues with technology today.I spent some time endeavouring to put on a picture of me trying out scuba-diving in my local pool with no success. I was doing it at work (naughty I know) and the picture was saved in a progamme I do not have on my screen.So I opened it in a programme which I do have and then saved it differently. But when I attempted to upload that, it kept failing. I probably shouldn't have put it on anyway as it's kind of under copyright, but it was only of me looking foolish in a swimming costume and scuba-diving backpack.

I coach gymnastics for a local recreational club at my weekends and used to do gym myself a bit. Nothing very impressive, but I can still do the splits and the odd back-flip. So I put that down as an interest and looked up other people with the same interest, only to find that they were either young American cheerleaders or hardcore coaches who blog about their coaching (and they're coaching impreessive stuff like Geinger releases on bar (which I have probably spelt wrong) and double back somies on floor. Neither of which I can do.

I could blog about my coaching too, but I'm not sure how many would be interested to read about how every week one of our new intake ends up crying because 'gymnastics is scary its too hard' when all they are actually learning is backward rolls down a slope.

It's a bit sad cos when I was a gymnast I was a bit better than pretty much all of the ones I coach now. But these days with the addition of a few too many pounds, I am reluctant to demonstrate almost anything because it's really embarrassing when I do it wrong.

They love it when I do backflips though.
I have a very close group of slightly mad friends from university who at some stage discovered, after our university years, that I could do gym. Now every time we get together, they insist I do gymnastics in highly inappropriate places such as small, crowded nightclubs.

It's strange, peer pressure never made me want to smoke or do drugs or stuff like that but when everyone is chanting my name demanding I do something gymnastically which I know is more than likely to casue injury, I seem strangely unable to resist.Everyone has their weaknesses.

Maybe I just need to be the centre of attention. The admiration afterwards does feel pretty good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home