Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Boots

These boots are made for walking, or so the song goes.

But the boots I want are quite different. As a former gymnast I developed fairly large and muscular calves. I know, it sounds very attractive. And I want a pair of saucy knee-high boots to wear of an evening with a short skirt or such-like, which sounds like a simple enough proposition.

But none of them will do up! It's quite embarrassing really, as I go round trying on all these boots in the vain hope that one of them will actually go all the way round my calves. I really don't think they look that big! Some of the ones I've tried on have been truly scraping the barrel before I realise that yes, they nearly fit, but I don't want to go out looking like I'm off to ride a horse. Which I'm not.

I have really quite small feet (UK size 5) too so a massive welly-style affair is not going to cut the mustard.

Although I do have a blue, stripey pair of wellies that do fit me (which are again unsuitable for a night out)

Any suggestions on flattering, wide legged boots much appreciated.

1 Comments:

Blogger mig bardsley said...

Well don't ask me! there are no pairs of boots which will fit both of my feet...I need one boot which has a fat bit for my bunion and one boot which has a high bit for my instep. and never the twain shall pair up! Woe!

10/11/05 12:03 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home