Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Things people said to me at our work do

1) My wife refers to you as "that woman in the office who fancies you".

2) Yes, well, you would like doing blogs because you are a bit me, me, me.

3) No, you'd better not take the cheque for the driver Frangelita because you will be far too drunk (this turned out to be true).

4) You're so sweet! (read 'oh my god you're so drunk why are you telling me this')

Hmm. These people are supposed to be my friends. I think they were probably just jealous of my righteous dance moves (someone else's words, not mine. I don't think I would know a righteous move if it hit me in the face with flailing arm).

I bought a car today. Ha! Not that kind of car. The ten years old second-hand kind. It's still the newest vehicle I've ever had - apart, of course, from the brand new bicycle I bought with the plan of cycling seven miles to work (never happened, not once). It's also kinda whizzy. It has all kinds of things I've never had before - like electric windows, electric mirrors, power steering, ABS - hell, the radio even works. And, the guy who I bought it from who tells me he's selling it cos he now has a company car so doesn't need it (bastard) threw in the tape/mp3 player converter which actually seems to work. Woo hoo.

It's a bit, err, bigger than my previous car. And our street requires parallel parking in small spaces. Which I did. I'm usually ace at the parking (as with so much in life) but it took me rather more attempts than it normally does. With HF standing laughing at me.

He can laugh all he wants, I'm still a better driver than he is.

More on that story later.

4 Comments:

Blogger The Merchant said...

lol.. I quite like the "More on that story later" signoff..

20/12/06 9:51 pm  
Blogger Dave said...

You're so sweet.

21/12/06 8:22 am  
Blogger starbender said...

Wanted 2 stop by and wish U and U'r family a very Merry Christmas, and I hope U'r New Year is just as Awesome.
Take care hon.

: )

22/12/06 11:04 am  
Blogger mig bardsley said...

the car is splendid...and very well driven :)
Just think, any minute you can drive away in it to your new job and spend the whole of next year preparing a whole new office full of rude christmas party comments.
And meanwhile you can be preparing your comments for your going away party :)

28/12/06 1:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home